Audi S4/S5 V6 Magnuson Supercharger - Magnuson (02-17-30-003-BL)
Genuine OEM Magnuson Parts & Accessories - 21730003bl
- Product ID: 02-17-30-003-BL
- 2007-2016 Audi S4 (B8 & B8.5) - 3.0TFSI V6
- 2013-2016 Audi S5 (B8.5) - 3.0TFSI V6
- Coming Soon - Audi SQ5, A6 & A7 - 3.0TFSI V6
Boost your Audi S4/S5 from 333 hp to 469/538hp!
Magnuson Superchargers have teamed up with APR to create a supercharger system that will transform your S4/S5, and it's available today! We're proud to be world record holders for the fastest Audi S4 3.0TFSI with our TVS1740 supercharger system setting a blistering 10.9 second quarter mile!
In the factory form, Audi’s S4/S5 3.0TFSI V6 leaves much to be desired compared to recent models proudly displaying the S badge. The Magnuson TVS1740 Supercharger System Powered by APR fills the void by adding an average of roughly 41% more horsepower on pump fuel and up to 62% more horsepower and torque across the entire power band on race fuel. The results are nothing short of amazing; taking the S4/S5 from 333 horsepower to 469 horsepower on pump fuel and 538 on race fuel without breaking a sweat! With up to 422 FT-LBS on tap thanks to the TVS1740’s positive displacement supercharger, expect instant acceleration with absolutely no lag commonly associated with other forms of forced induction.
At the heart of the Magnuson Supercharger System is Eaton’s latest Twin Vortices Series (TVS) supercharger unit, the TVS1740. The supercharger system is a positive displacement, roots style pump, utilizing Eaton’s lightweight, four-lobe 160 degree twisted rotors. Cast and assembled as a single, OEM-style-manifold and rotating group housing, the unit is quiet, compact, attractive, easy to install, and requires little to no extra maintenance to the unit itself.
The positive displacement supercharger offers power instantly as the throttle is pressed. Boost pressure builds with no perceived lag commonly associated with other types of forced induction, and provides a large increase in torque across the entire power band. Throttle control is linear and predictable and makes for an excellent driving experience both in daily driving and wide-open acceleration.
Since the supercharger does not compress air as it moves through the roots, it’s extremely efficient during light throttle and cruising situations. Unlike screw-type positive displacement superchargers that are always compressing, the TVS unit can internally bypass unwanted air, resulting in negligible parasitic loss during cruising and therefore far greater fuel economy.
The single cast unit and appropriately sized rotating group eliminates potential leak points and allows for a slim, compact design without sacrificing key airflow design characteristics. The unit features a high velocity flow path through the supercharger rotors and an unrestricted discharge port into the appropriately sized plenum. The large plenum equalizes flow across all ports as air feeds evenly through the low-pressure-drop, dual internal air-to-water charge air coolers. Finally, the ports are separated into individual runners, offering greater operation by eliminating cross fire.
Internally the dual heat exchangers offer technological advances shared by Formula 1 teams around the globe. Each unit features a louvered fin design, which minimizes pressure drop while achieving excellent cooling effectiveness. The extruded multi-rib tubing maximizes heat extraction to be carried away through the large bore coolant recirculation hard lines. Externally, supercharger coolant is pumped through a large front mounted heat exchanger where it’s cooled and circulated back through the charger again.
APR’s 3.0TFSI V6 Technical Advances
- Through two years of research and development with the Magnuson TVS1740 upgrade, APR has learned a great deal about the Audi 3.0T engine and its calibration. This experience began with an already vast understanding of the engine’s control strategies and limits, accomplished through thousands of Stage 1 and 2 products sold globally as well as multiple years of professional endurance racing. The first encountered limit of the larger supercharger was the necessity for a larger throttle body to prevent excess vacuum in the intake track. Because the throttle body has the primary responsibility of controlling engine load under all operating conditions, this was no simple task. There are numerous load monitoring calculations that all had to be recalibrated to ensure the engine’s controller would stay error code free. In addition, significant time was spent to ensure normal drivability characteristics remained like OEM.
- Lastly, with the ability to produce boost pressures in excess of 1.5bar and a limited packaging opportunity to cool that heated air, excessive intake air temperature (IAT) was an issue. APR intentionally ran the kit without compensations in place for IAT or boost thresholds to determine where these limitations were. Thus we intentionally pushed two engines beyond these limits during R&D that led us to concrete data of the engine’s operating limits. As a result, the production calibration has a conservative compensation strategy for IAT that will help ensure the engine is well protected even in the event of the cooling system not operating properly or very high ambient temperatures.
- Eaton TVS1740 rotating group
- 100% complete bolt-on system
- No hood modifications are required
- More power in a smaller package
- Internal Bypass Valve virtually eliminates parasitic loss (uses less than 1/3 of a horsepower at 60 mph).
- Delivers a proven increase in real world "under the curve" power.
- 4-lobe rotors with 160 degrees of helix
- Redesigned inlet and outlet ports Improved air-handling characteristics
- Acoustically designed for noise and vibration reductions
- Supercharger - 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Limited Warranty on supercharger hardware
- Electronics - 1 Year Limited Warranty on electrical components
- Condition: New
Our Toyota Parts Specialists have many years of experience with Genuine Toyota Parts and Accessories! We are happy to assist you in identifying what parts to order. Supply your vehicle's VIN Number, and text our team of Parts Specialists at 854-600-4869.
If you need more parts you can see the full OEM catalog for your vehicle by selecting your model below: